Promoting Life Long Learning strategies for scientific issues is much more difficult, if compared to other subject areas (e.g. humanistic subjects, business management, language learning) as when the compulsory educational pathways end up, those that are not specifically interested in science are much more likely to abandon completely the subject.
From this section it is possible to access to each project partner description.
The Chemistry is All Around Network project is funded in the framework of the Lifelong Learning Programme
– Comenius sub programme – Networks Action.
The Chemistry is All Around Network project aims at stimulating the interest of students towards the study of Chemistry.
The project is addressed to:
- Scientific experts in chemistry
- School teachers
- School students
The project is organised into 4 main activities:
- Research activity aiming at the creation of a database of publication on teaching chemistry
- Collection of existing ICT based teaching resources to teach Chemistry
- Creation of a network of scientific experts and teachers in order to reduce the existing distance between the world of scientific research and the world of school
- Organisation of transnational conferences in order to present the current situation and the future perspectives on scientific education
For further information, please visit The Project